- Position: Business Analyst
- Location: API Headquarters (4000 – 10230 Jasper Avenue)
- Term: Full-time, Permanent
- Salary: $85,800.00 – $102,800.00
- Reporting Manager: Director, Project Management Office
We are actively seeking a highly skilled and motivated Business Analyst to join our dynamic team.
If you have a proven track record in business analysis, a keen understanding of process improvement, and the ability to translate complex requirements into effective solutions, we invite you to explore this exciting opportunity with us. Join our team and contribute your expertise to drive innovation, streamline processes, and make a meaningful impact on our organization.
Key Responsibilities, include but are not limited to:
Business Requirements Management
- Identify, gather, and document business requirements.
- Define business rules and communicate requirements for business solution implementation.
Process Design and Integration
- Lead planning sessions for designing and implementing integrated business processes.
- Document discussions and agreements.
- Develop process maps using industry best practices.
- Provide consultative services for the development of policies and procedures.
- Conduct process audits, document findings, and present to stakeholders.
- Facilitate continuous improvement workshops.
- Lead the assessment of customer needs using a structured requirements process.
- Communicate with stakeholders of varying technical ability and subject matter expertise.
- Participate in projects to lead process change management activities.
Process Implementation and Enhancement
- Support implementation of new business processes.
- Identify process risks and opportunities for improvement.
- Research and analyze system utilization; propose improvements.
Collaboration and Solution Translation
- Meet with stakeholders to review and document business requirements.
- Provide options, advice, or recommendations regarding business process change.
- Work closely with internal and external service providers/teams to translate business requirements into solutions.
Technical Strategy and Analysis
- Participate in the technical strategy and analysis stages to resolve complex issues.
- Provide recommendations to enhance established processes and procedures.
- Participate in defining the initial project scope.
- Support different phases of project implementation.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate activities of designated projects.
Training and Documentation
- Ensure updates and changes to business processes are reflected in training programs and materials.
Qualifications – (Education, Certification, Degree, Skills, Knowledge, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or MBA (preferred)
- Certification in a Business Analysis program certified by International Institute of Business Analysts or equivalent.
- 5 years of progressively increasing responsibility in a business analyst role.
- Extensive knowledge and applied experience in business analysis principles and the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK®).
- Experience in life sciences sector and/or regulated environments
- Analyzing and producing requirements experience
- Facilitating sessions with stakeholders, including senior executives
- Mediating business perspective differences for consensus
- Building stakeholder trust through understanding business concepts
- Producing Business Requirements Documents (BRDs) and process models
- Enterprise-wide project experience
- Strong knowledge of business process design and management
- Strong technical proficiencies in, G-Suite programs
Excellent organizational, planning, and prioritization skills
- Enthusiastic learner of new processes, methodologies, and technologies
- Analytical problem-solving and clear communication skills
- Relationship building, influencing, advocating, and negotiating capabilities.
- Comfort with ambiguity and cultural differences
- Excellent written communication and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Effective in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Proactive, analytical, results-oriented, and creative
- Fosters transparent, honest, and positive team environment.
- Results-driven and process-oriented
- Required travel between API sites.
Additional Required Documents to Support Application:
- Cover letter required.
- Certificate from International Institute of Business Analysts (or equivalent)
Perks and Benefits at API
Comprehensive Health Coverage: At API, we prioritize the well-being of our employees. We offer a comprehensive health coverage plan. Our premiums are 100% covered, ensuring that you and your dependents receive the necessary healthcare support
Professional Development Opportunities: We foster a culture of continuous learning and growth. API provides access to various professional development opportunities, including training programs, workshops, conferences, and certifications. We encourage employees to enhance their skills, broaden their knowledge, and stay updated with the latest advancements in the life sciences industry.
Collaborative and Inclusive Environment: At API, we believe in the power of collaboration and diversity. We foster an inclusive work environment that values and respects individuals from all backgrounds. We promote teamwork, open communication, and a supportive atmosphere where everyone’s contributions are valued.
Generous Paid Time Off: We understand the importance of taking time off to recharge and maintain a healthy work-life balance. API offers a generous paid time off (PTO) policy that includes vacation days, medical/personal days, and holidays. We encourage our employees to prioritize their well-being and enjoy quality time away from work.
Green Transit Allowance: Employees based out of an office are eligible to enroll in our green transit program, which promotes the use of environmentally friendly modes of transportation. By participating in the program, you commit to making green transit your primary mode of transportation for at least 75% of your commute to and from work. Green transit includes walking, biking, carpooling, and public transportation.
How to apply
Interested applicants must submit a resume and cover letter expressing their interest in the position and why they believe they are a strong candidate.
We appreciate all applicants’ interest and will only contact those selected for interviews.
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Our team, clients, and stakeholders come from a variety of backgrounds. In recruiting for our board, we welcome the unique contributions that all people bring to the workplace in terms of varied lived experiences, education, culture, gender, race, sexual orientation, religious or ethnic background, neurodiversity, and cognitive and physical ability.
Ready to get started? Apply now.
Please fill in the following form and attach a cover letter and CV. Please note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Become an API Team Member
"*" indicates required fields