- Position: Business and Quality System Analyst
- Location: API Headquarters (4000 – 10230 Jasper Ave), On-site
- Term: Temporary, Contract (2-year contract, possibility of transitioning to permanent full-time)
- Reporting Manager: Director, Project Management Office
Key Responsibilities, include but are not limited to:
Business Requirements and Process Definition
- Identify, gather, and document business requirements for GMP and other environments.
- Define business rules and communicate requirements for business solution implementation.
- Lead planning sessions for designing and implementing integrated business processes with a focus on quality in regulated environments.
- Document discussions and agreements via process maps using industry best practices.
- Provide consultative services for the development of policies and procedures.
Process Audits, Collaboration, and Implementation Support
- Conduct process audits, document findings, and present to stakeholders.
- Collaborate with various teams to ensure the architectural integrity and long-term supportability of proposed and implemented solutions.
- Support the implementation of new business processes.
- Identify process risks and opportunities for improvement.
System Landscape Understanding and Architecture
- Research and analyze system utilization; determine and propose improvements.
- Determine evolving business needs by thoroughly understanding the system landscape and business processes.
- Capture the current state architecture (operating systems, hardware, software, networks) and maintain a solid understanding of the business processes supporting system use.
- Build transition architecture connecting the current to future state, creating an iterative roadmap.
Architectural Design and Governance
- Participate in architectural reviews, create design patterns, build policies and standards, and document these activities.
- Assist with designing governance activities associated with software development.
Testing, Quality Assurance, and Evaluation
- Analyze business requirements and technical specifications for testable elements.
- Develop test scripts, test scenarios, and test methodologies, and document them for execution.
- Conduct tests of applications in production or in development.
- Document test results, compile results of other testers into a consolidated report for management and applications staff.
- Evaluate testing methodologies and tools available in the IT market and advise management on adopting them.
- Test production software that had bugs or breakdowns, determine root causes, and document for other technical staff to address.
Qualifications (Education, Certification, Degree, Skills, Knowledge, etc.)
- A bachelor’s degree in business administration, Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field, masters preferred.
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in business analysis, quality management, and system analysis.
- Expertise in quality management systems (QMS), QMS product management, and validation.
- Experienced in GMP in the Canadian context.
- Proven experience in developing and executing plans, meeting deadlines, and operating under tight time constraints.
- Good understanding of software development tools and languages.
- Good understanding of development languages, development tools, and the System Development Lifecycle.
- Good understanding of relational databases and designing data structures for use by applications and users.
- Current knowledge of industry best practices, best-of-breed applications.
- Excellent knowledge in system integration methodologies and tools.
- Experience in the life sciences sector and/or regulated environments.
- Demonstrate analytical and conceptual problem-solving skills and the ability to synthesize and clearly communicate complex findings to various stakeholders.
- Strong customer focus with a demonstrated ability to work seamlessly with business sponsors and technologists.
- Exhibits curiosity, a commitment to learning, and exploring new technology.
- Fosters a transparent, honest, and positive team environment.
- Results-oriented and process-driven, with high expectations of self and the team.
- Excellent communication skills with demonstrated experience in making articulate and effective oral presentations to different audiences.
- Ability to build constructive business relationships and gain the trust of others.
- Proven ability to lead, persuade, and influence.
- Must be self-confident, outgoing, and able to communicate effectively with management and staff.
- Required travel between Edmonton API sites.
Additional Required Documents to Support Application:
- Cover letter and resume
- Certificate from International Institute of Business Analysts (or equivalent)
Perks and Benefits at API
Comprehensive Health Coverage: At API, we prioritize the well-being of our employees. We offer a comprehensive health coverage plan. Our premiums are 100% covered, ensuring that you and your dependents receive the necessary healthcare support
Professional Development Opportunities: We foster a culture of continuous learning and growth. API provides access to various professional development opportunities, including training programs, workshops, conferences, and certifications. We encourage employees to enhance their skills, broaden their knowledge, and stay updated with the latest advancements in the life sciences industry.
Collaborative and Inclusive Environment: At API, we believe in the power of collaboration and diversity. We foster an inclusive work environment that values and respects individuals from all backgrounds. We promote teamwork, open communication, and a supportive atmosphere where everyone’s contributions are valued.
Generous Paid Time Off: We understand the importance of taking time off to recharge and maintain a healthy work-life balance. API offers a generous paid time off (PTO) policy that includes vacation days, medical/personal days, and holidays. We encourage our employees to prioritize their well-being and enjoy quality time away from work.
Green Transit Allowance: Employees based out of an office are eligible to enroll in our green transit program, which promotes the use of environmentally friendly modes of transportation. By participating in the program, you commit to making green transit your primary mode of transportation for at least 75% of your commute to and from work. Green transit includes walking, biking, carpooling, and public transportation.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must submit a resume and cover letter expressing their interest in the position and why they believe they are a strong candidate.
We appreciate all applicants’ interest and will only contact those selected for interviews.
Please send your cover letter and resume to the Human Resources email: firstname.lastname@example.org or apply below.
Our team, clients, and stakeholders come from a variety of backgrounds. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that all people bring to the workplace in terms of varied lived experiences, education, culture, gender, race, sexual orientation, religious or ethnic background, neurodiversity, and cognitive and physical ability.
Ready to get started? Apply now.
Please fill in the following form and attach a cover letter and CV. Please note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Become an API Team Member
"*" indicates required fields