- Position: Commercial Business Analyst
- Location: API Headquarters
- Term: Full-time, On-site
- Salary Range: $86,000.00 – $103,000.00
- Reporting Manager: VP, Commercialization & Growth (C&G)
The Commercial Business Analyst will play a critical role in developing business cases for new initiatives and is responsible for supporting recommendations via market research data, market potential, and competitive landscape.
Reporting to the VP, Commercialization & Growth (C&G), this role combines technical expertise with strong business acumen to support API and innovators translate scientific development into commercial products and services. The incumbent will oversee business analytics & insights generation stemming from secondary and primary market research that enables decision-making, commercial planning, and strategy formation in pursuit of business opportunities.
PLEASE NOTE: Applications submitted without a resume AND cover letter will not be reviewed.
Key Responsibilities, include but are not limited to:
API Strategic and Business Planning
- Develop KPIs to track business performance, industry trends, and competitive intelligence to inform and support decision-making.
- Consult and involve internal stakeholders in the development of business cases for new initiatives.
- Build market models, analytical methodologies, and perform analysis on data and insight generation to guide business strategic direction.
- Participate in business planning processes and support different phases of project implementation.
Data Analysis & Risk Management
- Analyze data related to life sciences research, funding, and operations to provide insights and support decision-making.
- Ensure data accuracy, integrity, and compliance with relevant regulations and standards.
- Identify potential risks associated with projects or business processes and work with relevant teams to develop mitigation strategies.
- Participate in meetings with clients and partners to understand their business requirements and needs.
- Support project scope definition and develop quotation proposals.
- Plan and coordinate internal activities with appropriate follow-up actions.
- Drafting project completion report.
- Conduct research, analyze, and interpret both primary and secondary market data, including the competitive landscape, market potential, and various external factors.
- Engage with the broader life sciences community to stay informed about industry trends, best practices, and potential collaboration opportunities.
- Create briefing notes and presentations that outline recommendations, supported by evidence, and present rationales in a compelling storytelling format.
- Support the development of Go-To-Market Strategies and Planning.
- Manage API’s new business leads register and coordinate with the appropriate personnel to ensure timely completion of actions.
- Participate in the development of grant funding proposals and other partnership proposals.
- Communicate with stakeholders of varying technical proficiencies and subject matter expertise.
- Work cross-functionally with other departments and units within the organization ensuring that all stakeholders are informed about project statuses, changes, and outcomes.
Reporting and Process Improvements
- Facilitate the reporting of KPIs and other metrics to funding partners such as PrairesCan ensuring that funding processes align with organizational goals and meet reporting requirements.
- Support implementation of new processes for the C&G Team (e.g., CRM implementation).
- Plan and coordinate activities of designated projects.
- Create and maintain documentation for C&G business processes, requirements, and system functionalities.
Qualifications (Education, Certification, Degree, Skills, Knowledge, etc.)
- Bachelor’s of Science or Business Administration Degree.
- Master’s of Business Administration (MBA preferred).
- 5-10 years of progressively increasing responsibility in a commercial business analyst role or business consulting role.
- Experience in the life sciences sector (e.g., Pharmaceuticals, biologics & vaccines, Medical Devices & Diagnostics, Natural Health Products) and/or regulated environments.
- Drafting presentations and written documentation for senior executives.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and prioritization skills.
- Results-driven and process-oriented.
- Enthusiastic learner of new processes, methodologies, and
- Analytical problem-solving and clear communication skills.
- Relationship building, influencing, advocating, and negotiating
- Comfort with ambiguity and cultural differences.
- Excellent written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Effective in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Proactive, analytical, results-oriented, and creative.
- Fosters a transparent, honest, and positive team environment.
Additional Required Documents to Support Application:
- Cover letter and resume
Perks and Benefits at API
Comprehensive Health Coverage: At API, we prioritize the well-being of our employees. We offer a comprehensive health coverage plan. Our premiums are 100% covered, ensuring that you and your dependents receive the necessary healthcare support
Professional Development Opportunities: We foster a culture of continuous learning and growth. API provides access to various professional development opportunities, including training programs, workshops, conferences, and certifications. We encourage employees to enhance their skills, broaden their knowledge, and stay updated with the latest advancements in the life sciences industry.
Collaborative and Inclusive Environment: At API, we believe in the power of collaboration and diversity. We foster an inclusive work environment that values and respects individuals from all backgrounds. We promote teamwork, open communication, and a supportive atmosphere where everyone’s contributions are valued.
Generous Paid Time Off: We understand the importance of taking time off to recharge and maintain a healthy work-life balance. API offers a generous paid time off (PTO) policy that includes vacation days, medical/personal days, and holidays. We encourage our employees to prioritize their well-being and enjoy quality time away from work.
Green Transit Allowance: Employees based out of an office are eligible to enroll in our green transit program, which promotes the use of environmentally friendly modes of transportation. By participating in the program, you commit to making green transit your primary mode of transportation for at least 75% of your commute to and from work. Green transit includes walking, biking, carpooling, and public transportation.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must submit a resume and cover letter expressing their interest in the position and why they believe they are a strong candidate.
We appreciate all applicants’ interest and will only contact those selected for interviews.
Please send your cover letter and resume to the Human Resources email: email@example.com or apply below.
Our team, clients, and stakeholders come from a variety of backgrounds. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that all people bring to the workplace in terms of varied lived experiences, education, culture, gender, race, sexual orientation, religious or ethnic background, neurodiversity, and cognitive and physical ability.
Ready to get started? Apply now.
Please fill in the following form and attach a cover letter and CV. Please note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Become an API Team Member
"*" indicates required fields