API had the privilege of meeting with the Honourable Nate Glubish, Minister of Technology and Innovation. It was a great discussion about the remarkable potential in the life sciences sector for Alberta, and how we are at the cusp of having the pieces in place to attract more business and jobs to the province. We also shared some of the exciting innovations happening now that are leading the way.
We would like to thank our partners who joined us to share their perspectives on how we’re all working together to strengthen Alberta’s life sciences sector. Roundtable participants:
- Honourable Nate Glubish, Minister, Technology and Innovation
- Kristopher Barker, Chief of Staff, Office of the Minister, T&I
- Maureen Towle, Assistant Deputy Minister, T&I
- Melissa Crane, Press Secretary, Office of the Minister, T&I
- Andrew MacIsaac, CEO, API
- Hana Marinkovic, VP of Corporate Affairs, API
- Elan MacDonald, ICD.D, Vice-President External Relations, University of Alberta
- Brent Francis, Director of Government Relations, University of Alberta
- Mustafa Sahin, EVP of Investment & Trade, Edmonton Global
- Robert Sikora, Senior Manager of Business Development, Edmonton Global
After our meeting, Minister Glubish met some of our life sciences companies in Edmonton who shared their success and what support they’ll need for future growth. We thank these innovators for sharing their stories:
- Daren Ure, Chief Scientific Officer, Hepion Pharmaceuticals
- Masakazu Kakuni, President, KMT Hepatech Inc.
- Verity Olson, VP of Production, KMT Hepatech Inc.
- David Scott, Research Scientist, Applied Quantum Materials